System and Management
Progress Report Reporting System
Financial Report Reporting System
Communication and Information Channel
Monitoring and Evaluation
As BASE is a membership based organization, the community level follow up or monitoring is conducted by different level committees of BASE. The monitoring and evaluation in BASE is primarily based on measuring the process, progress and impact of the project. The organization has the practices of developing final target indicators and motoring, evaluation plan in consultation with individual donors. In general practice BASE conducts monitoring and evaluation in different phase:
- Monitoring of the program activities are carried out under the direction of project staff. The staff is responsible for the day-to-day monitoring of inputs, activities, process and results at field level. GESI sensitive indicators are integrated as a prime component into the monitoring and evaluation system.
- Community level monitoring is carried out through the involvement of project staff, community, VDC and other local level stakeholders on a regular basis and incorporates data, information into the monthly project report. A feedback system of community monitoring is developed to provide a means for suggestions to be considered and improved.
- To provide sustainability, ownership and successful implementation of the program, BASE also conducts joint monitoring and sharing with the involvement of district level line agencies. Similarly BASE has been organizing sharing meetings and workshops at VDC and district levels inviting stakeholders to inform the status of the projects and collect feedback from the forum for the revision and further implementation.
- To ensure quality service delivery, accountability of project staff, BASE mobilizes grass root level committees, networks in monitoring and evaluation at the same time results are collected for feedback and improvement. The members from BASE central committee, BASE district committee, administration, Executive Director also visits program area timely for monitoring and quality assurance.
- As per the financial policy of the organization Budget Monitoring and Reporting is done from the central level through field visits in the program districts two to three times in a year. The central office hires authorized auditor separately on yearly basis and prepares the finance reports.