Successfully implemented 5 years SSSB-Opportunity School Project in Dang and Banke District
Since 10th Oct.2011 to Nov.2016 with the financial and technical support of BTF/WEI, BASE has been implementing Sangai Sikaun Sangai Badhaun (SSSB) opportunity school project in Dang and Banke district with covering 27 community schools in three VDCs. Program has been implementing with the aim to complete a quality education of ECD to grade 8 students. The 5 years project intervention was completed successfully with achieving project goal and objectives.
The final review meeting was conducted on 7-8 December, 2016 at Siddhartha Resort Chisapani. There were total 22 participants (9 from World Education Inc., 7 from BASE and 6 from RWDC). Final review meeting was conducted with the objective to share about the activities Vs achievement, facing challenges, learning and discuss about the replicable and follow up activities. During the review meeting, Project Coordinator Mrs. Seema Acharya from WEI shared the overall activities (2011 to 2016) and its impact and gapping. Program coordinator from BASE Mr. Lal Bahadur Chaudhari did the presentation about the overall activities, achievements, challenges, learning, replicable and sustainable activities under the project based on the five years plan of the project. Similarly there was point wise challenges, learning, proposed activities and other related information in the slides. The project coordinator Mrs. Aruna Chaudhary also had done the presentation about mother literacy and livelihood (MLL) components from GMUK.
Key achievements highlights of the SSSB-Opportunity School Project:
- 7 ECD centers have been established in 3 VDCs among them 6 ECDs have got approval with quota from DEO.
- Increased ECD age kid’s access to center by 21% & ECD experienced children’s enrollment in grade on e practice increased by 26%.
- 61 early grade teachers have been applying mother tongue instruction in early grade.
- 80% early grade teachers out of 79 teachers have been applying effective and child centered learning activities in class room.
- Increased students reading skill by 23% in G1, 31% in G2 and 20% in G3 based on WELA.
- 43 upper grade subjective teachers have got opportunity about remedial support and they have been supporting to poor learner in class room.
- 704 poor learners of 7 schools have got opportunity to learn in additional remedial class in math subject and the learning score increased 7 to 27 marks in average.
- Increased students learning achievement by 14% in G4, 13% in G5, 12% in G6, 18% in G7 and 13% in G8.
- Formed 68 mother literacy and livelihood groups with the involvement of 1947 women’s and they have been supporting to create learning environment at home, community and at school.