Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) Equity Program in Kailali and Bardiya
Published date: 21st July, 2017
BASE is a leading NGO officially registered in 1991 with District Administrative Office, Dang and SWC. BASE has worked in the field of education since its inception. BASE’s reputation grew up amongst the marginalized communities of the mid-western and far-western region (province no. 5, 6 and 7) resulting in a rapidly expanding grass roots and membership based social movement with an aim to empower socially excluded groups. BASE’s program delivery has expanded to include formal education, non-formal (financial literacy), livelihood and support to sustainable economic development, child protection and child labor elimination, women empowerment, adolescent development, human rights violation monitoring, conflict mitigation through dialogue, water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) equity, environmental sustainability, disaster preparedness and response, protection and promotion of traditional and indigenous cultures and strengthening governance in local institutions. BASE intends to recruit qualified Nepali citizens to manage for supporting the marginalized community for WASH rights in Kailali and Bardiya district.
Post: Monitoring, Evaluation and Designing Officer (Civil Engineer) -1
Duty Station: BASE office, Kailali (district base position) and s/he will have to work closely through WaterAid funded WASH Equity program coordinator in Kailali and Bardiya district.
Required Qualification, Skills and Experiences:
- Bachelor’s Degree in civil engineering and preferably master degree in civil engineering.
- Minimum 2-3 years’ relevant professional experience in implementing WASH equity project preferably in Nepal’s Terai region.
- Experience in program development, planning, designing, estimation, implementation and budget management and reporting is required.
- Experience in designing or managing programs with multiple stakeholders (including related government line agencies) involved in the implementation.
- Familiarity with gender and social inclusion mainstreaming and awareness on the particular needs and related program considerations for vulnerable and marginalized community.
- Experience on strong Monitoring and Evaluation, reporting and facilitation and consensus-building skills.
- Provide necessary guidance and support to the project coordinators and monitor and ensure the performance of staffs.
- Engage in program development and research, and other innovations, knowledge on solid waste management and should be able to design programs on School WASH.
- Conduct survey of raise/slope hand pump ,Child, Gender & Disable (CGD) friendly latrine, bio sand filter, tippy tap, hand washing station, water quality test and rehabilitation of hand pump
- Work with collaboration of other BASE’s programme staff in Rural Municipality and Municipality level maintain relationship with local level stake holders and report to PC with share achievements to local stakeholders/ authority
- Enhance capacity through training to technical staff of BASE in WASH sector and conduct water safety planning as implemented in water supply scheme
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should send a CV and cover letter by 31st July, 2017, 5:00 PM describing how they meet the requirement of the position to the following address. The candidates are encouraged to apply from marginalized community.
Backward Society Education (BASE)
Central Project Office, Tulsipur 6 Rajaura, Dang
Candidates can also submit their hard copy application and CV to BASE District Office, Dhangadhi, Kailali. Only short listed candidate will be noticed for the further process.